CMPPAY-L Archives

UC Payroll Release Distribution Notes

CMPPAY-L@LISTSERV.UCOP.EDU

From:
Christopher Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UC Payroll Release Distribution Notes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2019 14:04:38 -0700
Greetings;
We have the above release in hand for all PPS locations.  While I am requesting approval for the release it is mandatory that we install it.

Background:
By California law we are required to file an electronic file of new employees of the University within 20 days of the hire.  We support this through a process in PPS (New Employee Report - NER).  Recently the EDD has started to reject these files because information contained in them is not up to their standards.

This set of changes keeps employees in the reporting cycle until the issues with their data are corrected.  For example if the employee is not a foreign employee and does not have a valid SSN we will continue to try sending the employee once the SSN is updated.

Please send your approval as soon as possible.

Thanks for your attention.