CMPPAY-L Archives

UC Payroll Release Distribution Notes

CMPPAY-L@LISTSERV.UCOP.EDU

From:
Christopher Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UC Payroll Release Distribution Notes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 2015 10:52:50 -0700
Greetings;
We have recently reviewed how certain processing for hosted PPS is executed. During this review it became obvious that we could do a better job of ensuring that all EDB updates sent from the campuses would be processed in a timely manner. Some campuses already schedule a regular EDB update every night, Monday through Friday. Looking at this, and leveraging some tools now available to us, we have determined that we can plan for an EDB update from any campus every night, and when no update is present, skip the process.

We would like to propose to change this implementation with a different way of looking at the scheduling of EDB updates.  There are a number of points we need to consider. First, having an EDB update scheduled to run each evening around 7:30 means that your updates need to be received prior to that time. If they arrive after the process checks for an update, the update would not be processed until the next evening. Second, this change will mean there would be no staging for later execution. Third, since some other processes do create EDB update activity, that activity could trigger an update even when you do not send an update. We plan to address this last point by making changes to the notification to you when the process runs which will inform you of these extra sets of transactions.

For those campuses who already run an EDB update every night, there will be no change.

I welcome your comments and discussion on this idea, which I believe will improve our ability to handle these updates for you.