CDL Alert January 14, 2001

MLA Bibliography and COMPENDEX are now available via Ovid!

Access is via the "More databases" menu on the home page for CDL-hosted
databases (http://www.dbs.cdlib.org), the "Article databases" menu on the
CDL Collections and Services page (http://www.cdlib.org/collections/), and
the CDL Directory.  Information for creating specific URLs has been sent to
the Users Council member at each campus.

These two databases are being announced now because access from other
vendors is going away soon. Linking services via UC-eLinks (SFX) are not
yet complete, but since these services were not previously available, the
Transition Steering Committee recommended that we go ahead and make the
databases available. [see item 1 c at
http://www.cdlib.org/news/cdlinfo/cdlinfo121301.html ]

The other three databases from Ovid, BIOSIS, Current Contents, and INSPEC,
will not be released until UC-eLinks is in place so as not to lose these
services. We expect this to occur by the end of January. BIOSIS may be
delayed until February pending a reload of the database.

Test access to all five Ovid databases remains available at the UC-eLinks
(SFX) test site:
http://www.cdlib.org/libstaff/sharedcoll/a-i-trans/sfxtest.html

Laine Farley
Director, Digital Library Services
California Digital Library  http://www.cdlib.org
University of California
415 20th Street, Oakland, CA 94612-2901
[log in to unmask]   tel: (510) 987-0552   fax: (510) 763-2471