Hi all,

We just received the following message from Springer regarding access to
their electronic journal products.   Please share this information with
your colleagues.

========================
Recently, the Springer-LINK server was compromised. Until the extent of the
damage is fully determined we have made the decision to make the server
inactive. Consequently, to ensure that service is available, all traffic to
the NY LINK site has been temporarily redirected to our German master
server. This should provide users with uninterrupted access to LINK

Unfortunately, due to the significant increase in traffic to our German
server, you may experience slightly slower download times. We are
continuously monitoring the situation and our dedicated European support
staff are working to increase bandwidth. However, in the interim you may
find quicker downloads in the afternoon and evening since there is a
six-hour time difference to Germany (6 hrs ahead of EST).

Additionally, the link to the subscription list (below) is not functioning
correctly.
http://link.springer-ny.com/servlets/SpringerViewProducts

If you are using this link, please switch to:
http://link.springer-ny.com/link/sub_list

You can leave this link set-up permanently in your system since it is the
standard link for NY to your subscription list.

We at Springer apologize for any inconvenience and disruption that this may
have caused. We take pride in offering excellent customer support and will
continue to keep you updated. Please do not hesitate to contact or call us
with questions, concerns, or problems.

Jeff Grubbs
Business Support and Marketing Supervisor
LINK/Electronic Marketing
The Americas
Springer-Verlag NY, Inc.