The CDL IP address change for telnet and Z39.50 access that was originally
scheduled to take effect tomorrow (March 20, 2002) has been temporarily
postponed.  A new date for the cut-over to the new IP address has not be
determined.  If you use the numeric IP address rather than the domain name
(the preferred mechanism), do not change this IP address tomorrow to the
new address listed below.  The original CDL Alert that contained
information on the IP address change is included below for your reference.

Please share this information with your colleagues.
The CDL mainframe server is being upgraded with new network connection
technology designed to improve response time, stability.  This upgrade will
change our IP address for telnet and Z39.50 access.  It should not impact
users of our web services.

If you use domain names, e.g., dbs.cdlib.org or melvyl.ucop.edu, to access
our CDL-hosted databases via telnet or Z39.50, then this change will be
transparent. If you must use numeric addresses, then you will need to
change the numeric address from 128.48.141.7 to our new address,
128.48.140.10 when we make the cut-over.

Our cut-over date is March 20 at 5:30 am.  If there are any changes to this
date we will notify you via this list.

If you experience connection problems after this date, please check with
your local library systems or computer support staff.  If they cannot
assist you in resolving the problem, call the CDL Helpline at (510) 987-0555.

Jayne Dickson
Information Services Analyst
California Digital Library
University of California - Office of the President
415 20th Street, 4th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612-2901
510.987.0550