For the more than a week now, the InfoTrac databases (Expanded Academic ASAP, Computer Database, and National
Newspaper Index) provided by Gale have been slow to respond.  Below is the latest information on this continuing problem.  Please share this information with your colleagues.
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:23:11 -0400
From: Tom Stanton <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: UPDATE: Server Slowness Update for Sept. 24

We are having the same problem we saw at this time last week. The changes we
made over the weekend do not appear to have addressed the problem. We may
need to restart the servers, in which case you will see a message to that effect.

I will update this list as soon as I have additional information on the problem.

Yours,
Tom Stanton
Director, External Network Engineering
Gale
T. +1.248.699.8480

Jayne Dickson
Information Services Analyst
California Digital Library
University of California - Office of the President
415 20th Street, 4th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612-2901
510.987.0550