Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 18:18:45 -0500
From: Pete Dagutis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: E*Subscribe
Sender: "Educ. & Behavior Science ALA Discussion List"
To: [log in to unmask]

Please disregard if you have received this message.  I apologize for the
duplication.

EDRS is providing notice of enhancements to the E*Subscribe web site,
effective Wednesday, March 5:

*       EDRS has identified a possible source of confusion for users of
E*Subscribe who are not IP-authenticated.  When users search via a third
party (e.g., EBSCO, CSA, etc.) and link to our site, if they are not
authenticated they will see an order screen on the EDRS web site (blue
banner).  They may not realize they can login to E*Subscribe via the menu
bar.  EDRS has placed a button in the upper right portion of the banner on
the EDRS web site that displays "E*Subscribe / Login Now".  Clicking on the
button links the user to the login page for E*Subscribe.  We hope that your
users will find this a more effective way of reaching our service.

*       For institutions that link to the E*Subscribe welcome page, EDRS
currently has a description of our three search areas.  We have added
hyperlinks to the search area names, to make it easier for your users to
access the search functions.

We hope that these changes will make it easier for you and your patrons to
utilize our service.  Feedback, as always, is welcome.

Sincerely,

Pete Dagutis
Director
ERIC Document Reproduction Service