Just a reminder that the survey on your use of the Directory of CDL-Licensed Content's weekly reports ends tomorrow, Friday, May 13, 2005, at 5 PM.  See below.  If the weekly reports on new, deleted, or updated content in the CDL Directory is important to you, please be sure to fill out the survey before the end of the day tomorrow. Thanks.
Currently, the CDL releases a weekly announcement via this CDLALERT-L listserv reporting changes to the Directory of CDL-Licensed Content ("Directory"), including the addition and deletion of database and e-journal resources.

With the retirement of the Directory (scheduled for October 31, 2005), the CDL is considering eliminating this weekly report of changes.

Before we make that decision, however, we'd like to know if and how you currently use the weekly announcements. Your input is essential to informing whether this type of reporting should be continued in some form after the retirement of the Directory, and if so, what form those reports should take.

Below you will find a link to a ten-question survey that will take less than five minutes to complete.

       http://websurveyor.net/wsb.dll/2734/cdlalert_usage.htm

Please complete this survey before end of day, Friday, May 13, 2005.

(Note: This survey regarding the usage of CDLALERT-L announcements should not be confused with the user survey currently posted on all pages of the Directory.  We encourage you to take both surveys.)

Thanks in advance!

*******************************

URLs of interest:

The CDLALERT-L usage survey is located at:
http://websurveyor.net/wsb.dll/2734/cdlalert_usage.htm

The Directory is located at:
http://www.cdlib.org/cgi-bin/directory_search

View a sample of a CDLALERT-L Directory of CDL-Licensed Content Update posting at:
http://listserv.ucop.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0503&L=cdlalert-l&P=2205

Learn more about the retirement of the Directory of CDL-Licensed Content:
http://www.cdlib.org/hlp/directory/cdl_dir.html

Jayne Dickson
Information Services Analyst
California Digital Library
University of California - Office of the President
415 20th Street, 4th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612-2901
510.987.0550