HI all,

This just in from the Columbia Gazetteer folks:
===================
Because of the heavy rains and flooding in Massachusetts where our web
sites are hosted (the Mass. government has declared a state of emergency)
the Verizon T1 line that connects to our hosting service is out.  I'm told
that they have located the problem and are working to fix it, but Verizon
does not know when that line will be restored.  Unfortunately, the problem
has affected our back-up mirror sites as well.

We are in the process of moving our sites to servers (in Texas) and hope to
have the sites back up as soon as possible today.

Please share this information with your colleagues.

Sherry Willhite
Information Resources Analyst
CDL Information Services
California Digital Library