CDL recently received the following information from BEPRESS.COM concerning the recent outage of the eScholarship Repository service.

As you may be aware, our domain name BEPRESS.COM expired on Tuesday, September 5, 2006.  Although we renewed it immediately yesterday morning, and most visitors appear unaffected, because of the way Internet addressing works not all servers have yet received the corrected information.

Since Tuesday we've been working hard to keep our customers informed about the status of this issue, via phone and e-mail, and we are sending this update to ensure all of you are aware of the situation.  We also want to assure you that we've taken a number of important administrative and technical steps to prevent to this and similar problems from happening in the future.

While most of our users already have access, we anticipate that over the next 24 hours our services will become available to the remainder.

We sincerely apologize for the interruption in our service and any frustration you or your visitors may have experienced; we are committed to ensuring the quality of our service today and in the future.

Best regards,

Sean O’Doherty

Sean O’Doherty

Vice President, Sales

The Berkeley Electronic Press

2809 Telegraph Avenue

Suite 202

Berkeley, CA 94705

510-665-1200, ext. 131

510-665-1201(fax)

www.bepress.com

bepress - The New Standard in Scholarly Publishing

CDL Information Services
California Digital Library
University of California - Office of the President
415 20th Street, 4th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612-2901
http://www.cdlib.org