CDL has been informed of the following vendor downtimes for this coming weekend.  Please share this information with your colleagues.

Blackwell-Synergy

To further improve the quality of our service, we are planning to perform system maintenance on the Friday, February 23, 2007 starting at 3:00 PM PST for two to four hours. Blackwell Synergy will be unavailable during this time. We thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

The Blackwell-Synergy team

WilsonWeb

The HW Wilson Company is working to complete a new data center.  We are very excited about this project because it will give us the assurance that we will be able to handle the phenomenal growth of our WilsonWeb product line and the growing demands from our valued customers for the seamless flow of information.

To facilitate the switch to our new data center equipment, we are scheduling the following WilsonWeb downtime, during which all WilsonWeb systems will be completely unavailable.  The downtime will be on Friday, February 23, 2007 starting at 9:00 PM to midnight, PST.

Note:  Any emails sent to and from HW Wilson Company during this offline period will receive a delay message.  Once the email exchange server has been placed back online, emails will be delivered.

We apologize for any inconvenience this update may cause and thank you for your patience while we continue our efforts to improve your WilsonWeb search experience.

Your WilsonWeb Team

Elsevier ScienceDirect

ScienceDirect will be unavailable on Saturday, February 24th for approximately 9 hours starting at 3:00 AM PST.  During this time we will be carrying through a large-scale rebuilding exercise on some of core aspects of the underlying technologies, which will help ensure that the system continues to provide a high level of reliability in the coming years.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this will cause to ScienceDirect users, which we hope we can minimise by providing this advance notice.

Jayne Dickson

California Digital Library

415 20th Street

Oakland, CA 94612-2901