As of February 15, 2010, the CRCnetBASEs have a new single interface for
all of the collections except CHEMnetBASE.  You can see the new
interface at http://www.crcnetbase.com.  Although the new interface
appears to resolve many of the problems that occurred when users access
the full text chapters, University of California users will currently
experience the following behavior:

1.            Any links that used to go directly to a specific netBASE
collection are now directed to the single home page shown above. The one
exception is CHEMnetBASE, which continues as in the past. The
CHEMnetBASE page will undergo some updating, but current plans are for
CHEMnetBase to remain on its own separate domain.

2.            The new home page lists all CRCnetBASE collections and
titles, both what we have licensed and what we have not. When looking at
the chapter level, chapters in licensed titles have green checks to the
left and chapters in non-licensed titles have locks.  It is possible
when searching to specify to 'Search Full Access Content Only' to
restrict search results to licensed content; however, it is not the
default.

3.            Many or all URLs to CRCnetBASE books have been changed as
part of this migration and are not being redirected to their new
location.  As a result, this has broken the links from our catalogs to
the individual books.

We are working to resolve these issues. We will continue checking over
the new interface and welcome any assistance. If you find additional
problems or have questions, please contact Deanna Johnson, CRCnetBASE
Resource Liaison, at [log in to unmask] or 530-752-3271.

Jayne Dickson

CDL Information Services

California Digital Library

University of California