Beginning on Saturday, July 9 at 10:00 PM  until at least 3:00 AM and possibly as late as 8:00 AM (PDT) on Sunday, July 10, 2011, there will be scheduled service downtime for several OCLC services (see list further below).  This temporary service interruption is required so OCLC can upgrade storage systems and capacity for all OCLC services.

This event is part of ongoing upgrades that OCLC undertakes in order to improve services for all member libraries. We are working to minimize outages in the future, and upgrades such as this will help us provide better, more robust services going forward. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes to your library.

If you have any questions about these events, please don't hesitate to contact Customer Service at 1-800-848-5800 (toll-free, U.S.) or +1-614-793-8682, or send an e-mail to [log in to unmask]

Affected services
* ArchiveGrid
* Connexion
* Cover art display in WorldCat.org and WorldCat Local  (As mentioned, only the cover art display in the Melvyl (WorldCat Local) instances will be affected by this downtime.  All of the campus Melvyl versions should be functioning normally with the exception of the cover art.)
* Discovery Mobile Web
* FirstSearch
* OCLC Usage Statistics
* WorldCat Resource Sharing

Please share this information with your colleagues.

-          Jayne

Jayne Dickson
CDL Information Services
California Digital Library