OCLC has reported that the problems they were experiencing earlier today have been resolved.  Please share this information with your colleagues.

14 August 2015, 04:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]

Resolved: System Issue Causing Searching to Fail

AFFECTED SERVICES: CatExpress, Connexion, FirstSearch, WorldShare Management Services, WorldShare ILL, WorldShare Record Manager, WorldCat

CREATED: 14 AUGUST 2015, 12:31 PM EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME, NORTH AMERICA [UTC -4]

OCLC is experiencing a system problem that is causing search results to fail. This is impacting multiple OCLC products. The operations teams are actively engaged in resolving the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Jayne Dickson

CDL Information Services

California Digital Library

University of California

510.987.0550

Searching in the UC WorldCat Local (Melvyl) instances is not working at the present time.  See OCLC’s alert below.  Currently, there isn’t an estimated time for resolution.  We’ll send along any additional information we receive.  Please share this information with your colleagues.

14 August 2015, 12:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]

Reported: System Issue Causing Searching to Fail

AFFECTED SERVICES: CatExpress, Connexion, FirstSearch, WorldShare Management Services, WorldShare ILL, WorldShare Record Manager, WorldCat Discovery