The Request system is currently experiencing problems which is resulting in delayed processing of requests.   Users can place requests successfully, but there are currently delays in the fulfillment of those requests.

We believe the problem with the delayed / missing requests originates in the UCOP mail server system, which underwent a change on Thursday night. Because of those changes, some mail coming from the PIR system is not making it through to the VDX system, and therefore is not being processed into the database. CDL  does not control that system, but have escalated this issue with highest priority to UCOP IT services. OCLC is also aware of the problem and is working with us as appropriate.

UCOP ITS, CDL, and OCLC are working to resolve this problem as soon as possible.

Many ILL units and CDL will be closed tomorrow for the holiday, so patron requests will likely be processed no sooner than Thursday, November 10th.  We will post an update on this issue as soon as we have one.

Thank you.

Margery Tibbetts on Behalf of Caitlin Nelson

California Digital Library