Thanks to Deborah Kegel, UCSD Library, for mentioning a temporary workaround (details below) until NLM fixes the problem and the UC-eLinks button displays correctly again.

Please share this information with your colleagues.   – jayne

People can plug in the PMID number into this link maker for UC-eLinks in the interim.  For example, if I need the article with PMID 27890093 then I put that at the end of this string

http://ucelinks.cdlib.org:8888/sfx_local?sid=Entrez:PubMed&id=pmid:<number>

so it looks like this: http://ucelinks.cdlib.org:8888/sfx_local?sid=Entrez:PubMed&id=pmid:27890093

Deborah Kegel
UC San Diego Library