CMPPAY-L Archives

UC Payroll Release Distribution Notes

CMPPAY-L@LISTSERV.UCOP.EDU

From:
Christopher Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UC Payroll Release Distribution Notes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2013 10:55:58 -0800
Greetings!

We have received the above release for application and deployment.

This is the second half of the changes to Advanced Base benefits for 2014.

The effect of the change is to simplify the administration of salary bases in PPS to better align with administration
of salary bases in UCPath. These changes include modifications to how the salary bases are calculated (for example, including only regular pay in the calculations, rounding rules, annualization logic) as well as changes to the timing of when salary bases are calculated (only at hire, rehire after 120 days of break in service, when salary bases are zero and for the annual Benefits Premium Audits).

Release 2096 is the second phase for SR83846. Phase 1 was released as R2087, which will be executed on 12/4/13 for most campuses as PP*ABA in ADVC mode.

The implementation letter includes a comment that there will be future releases in this area to address issues
related to executive life salary bases and Monthly Maintenance.

Currently our schedule for implementation of this release is to complete the installation to production on or before 12/20/13 with the first planned execution affected by this on 1/2/14.

Your prompt attention will be greatly helpful in insuring we get this installed in time.

As always if you want specific testing performed as part of the install of this release, please let your campus support person know.

Thanks, and have a great month.