CMPPAY-L Archives

UC Payroll Release Distribution Notes

CMPPAY-L@LISTSERV.UCOP.EDU

From:
Christopher Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UC Payroll Release Distribution Notes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2016 11:33:26 -0700
Greetings!
We have received the above release to address some problems found with the implementation of the 2016 retirement tier.  Due to the nature of the changes we are planning an accelerated install, prior to the next set of BW computes.

The changes are as follows:
     The process that derives the Employee Benefits Eligibility Unit Code (EBEUC) and Employee Benefits Eligibility Representation Code (EBERC) is changed to not be dependent on the derivation of the EUC and ERC, but still follows the basic rules for derivation of the employee-level bargaining codes.
     Employee WOS derivation is changed to process each appointment correctly.
     The IVR interface processing will ensure no bad dates are passed through.
     The IVR interface will now only pass the eligible for election flag when an employee is in retirement code X, or a Tier 2016 code with and election has been made.
     UCRS data interchange will now use codes ‘98’, and ‘97’ for UC Hastings and ASUCLA.
     Do not bypass derivations if the employee status is separated and the separation date is prior to the hire date.
     Do not derive the retirement code if the retirement code is currently at max service (B, A, D).

     Functionally these changes should have no impact as they are primarily technical fixes to make the processes work as expected.

This change is defined as urgent, and we would like your agreement to install as quickly as possible so we can make our target install of Tuesday September 13, 2016.

As always if you have questions, comments, or concerns please let us know.

Thanks!