MERRITT-L Archives

Merritt users list

MERRITT-L@LISTSERV.UCOP.EDU

From:
Perry Willett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Merritt users list <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2015 22:57:05 +0000
We're experiencing problems with ingesting objects larger than 100 MB. Many of the submissions are failing due to slow processing and time-outs. We've isolated the problem to the Solaris VM that runs the storage service. We recently migrated the storage service from a physical Solaris server to the Solaris VM[1], and the problem has gotten worse. We think the problem is related to the Solaris operating system.

We're working now to migrate the server to a SLES VM. We've tested the new VM, and are confident that it will fix the problem, but it will take us a few days. If possible, please hold off submitting large objects to Merritt ingest until we are able to bring up the new SLES VM-we are hopeful to have this work completed by Friday 2/6. The problem does not affect anything currently in storage, only in the transmission rate during ingest.

Perry

[1] We originally used Solaris for the ZFS filesystem, but now that we're using the cloud, we no longer need it.

Perry Willett
Digital Preservation Services Manager
California Digital Library
415 20th St., 4th Floor