There will be a very brief Merritt outage this afternoon around 2pm (PT), less than one minute.

Most of the Merritt infrastructure already uses load balancing, and we’re adding it to the remaining servers this afternoon. This requires changing the DNS records and restarting servers. We’ll pause ingest a little before 2. The only other potential effect is if someone is trying to download a file around 2pm—it will likely be interrupted and fail. Otherwise, there should only be a momentary outage (less than a minute). Please contact us if you experience any problems. Thanks,

Perry