As I mentioned last week, we replicated publicly available Merritt collections to Amazon S3. This means, for instance, that datasets from the Dash collections are stored in S3. Any download request for files in these public collections is now served from S3.

We are starting to work with the eScholarship team on providing access to its publications directly from the Merritt S3 storage node, looking to exploit some of the services available from Amazon such as Cloudfront for distribution and file streaming. If you have thoughts or ideas about using other Amazon services in conjunction with content stored in Merritt, please let us know.

Also, we're now starting to replicate restricted collections to Amazon Glacier. (This is the bulk of Merritt content.) We estimate this will take a month or so, and should be completed before the winter holiday. Send any questions or requests to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Thanks,

Perry