Good morning,

We were notified this morning by Elsevier that they have resolved the issue with licensed content. Below is Elsevier’s statement on the outage:

On the morning of January 28th, a maintenance operation intended to improve performance of our access and entitlement systems inadvertently caused a disruption of access for a number of our customers to several products and content. We worked throughout the day to recover and restore the impacted systems, and access has now been restored. The outage lasted approximately 12 hours.

We deeply regret this error and fully recognize the impact this has had on our customers. We understand the importance to our customers of having always-on access to our online products and services, especially during the pandemic. While we cannot undo this mistake, we assure you that moving forward we will conduct a thorough review of the processes and software that enabled this to happen, and do whatever is necessary to prevent this from happening in the future.

Please share this information with your colleagues.

Best regards,

Brian

Brian David

Information Services