Thanks, Michael. From what I understand, CSHL will let authors know when this free option is available to them, and after it's used up, will let them know they can publish OA with a 10% discount.

Sarah McClung found this offer on her own and reached out to the press. I don't know how much they marketed it to libraries.

Anneliese

________________________________
From: Michael Ladisch <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 5:56 PM
To: Taylor, Anneliese <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [SCCKG] Cold Spring Harbor Press transformative agreement offer

Hi Anneliese, Looks like a good offer. I’m not aware that our library received a similar one, at least nothing crossed my desk (but I’ll check with our collection development folks). The fairness issue is something to keep in mind. Authors ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Hi Anneliese,

Looks like a good offer.

I’m not aware that our library received a similar one, at least nothing crossed my desk (but I’ll check with our collection development folks).

The fairness issue is something to keep in mind. Authors might be afraid of getting invoiced because they don’t know when the number of fully covered OA articles is exceeded. This happens with some European consortia agreements where the number of covered OA articles are limited. On the other hand, authors can always publish under subscription with CSHLP as a “worst case scenario”.

Anyway, thanks for sharing and bringing this up.

Best

Michael

Michael Ladisch

Scholarly Communications Officer