From: Scholarly Communications CKG <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Taylor, Anneliese <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 2:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [SCCKG] Meeting agenda - December 15, 1-2 pm

Hi folks! A reminder that our last monthly SCCKG meeting of the year takes place next week: Wednesday, 15 December 2021, 1-2pm PT Zoom link: https://ucop.zoom.us/j/236485718 Please add your campus and crossover group updates to the ž ž ž ž ž ž ž ž ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Hi folks! A reminder that our last monthly SCCKG meeting of the year takes place next week:

  *   Wednesday, 15 December 2021, 1-2pm PT
  *   Zoom link<https://ucop.zoom.us/j/236485718>: https://ucop.zoom.us/j/236485718
  *   Please add your campus and crossover group updates to the wiki page<https://wiki.library.ucsf.edu/x/txzYHw>
  *   This month's topics are:
     *   Updates to UCSF's Open Access Fund and a heads-up about an upcoming UC OA fund benchmarking survey (Anneliese)
     *   Plagiarism software used by publishers (Martha)
        *   There are a couple newsy pre-read suggestions for this topic:
           *   Plagiarism detectors are a crutch, and a problem<https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00893-5>
           *   Self-plagiarism, fraud, and iThenticate: A complicated relationship<https://www.insidehighered.com/views/2021/03/05/resources-avoiding-self-plagiarism-are-scarce-and-problematic-opinion> (free with registration. There's also a PDF<https://wiki.library.ucsf.edu/download/attachments/534256823/Resources%20on%20avoiding%20self-plagiarism%20are%20scarce%20and%20problematic%20%28opinion%29.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1639001122468&api=v2> of the article on the wiki.)
  *   CDL is tasked with taking notes this month

Let Tim and me know if you have any other topics you'd like to discuss. Thanks everyone and see you next week!

Anneliese

Anneliese Taylor, MLIS (she, her) |
Head of Scholarly Communication |

University of California, San Francisco Library |
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 415-476-8415 (VM) |