Hi, Anneliese. This is really standard and it's going to likely need to be a conversation between you and the author in which you explain that this is only the publisher's reliance on what the author is representing (i.e. that they're not stealing anyone's stuff) -- meaning there's nothing to worry about provided that the author is, in fact, not making misrepresentations about what's theirs.