SCCKGers - see the message below from the STAR Team, and let Tim and me know if you'd like to recommend a resource or revisit the work of the Team at an upcoming meeting.

Anneliese
________________________________
From: UC Libraries Common Knowledge Group Chairs <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Michele Potter <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2022 11:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: STAR Team Outreach

Dear CKG Chair, As part of our new annual outreach program, we would like to introduce (or reintroduce) you to the STAR Team. If you are not already familiar with us, the STAR Team is the UC Scholarly Transformation Advice and Review Team.
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Dear CKG Chair,

As part of our new annual outreach program, we would like to introduce (or reintroduce) you to the STAR Team.

If you are not already familiar with us, the STAR Team<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://libraries.universityofcalifornia.edu/sclg/star__;!!LQC6Cpwp!vcLeCuFuHuvEW9WkN0tqE2_N5Q59uytuzjCykVg6MPHrmcc1UpAdrFDhgNSvvN99caHoYnan0uc1VCgca8newgD0M-Pq2uVF$> is the UC Scholarly Transformation Advice and Review Team. We are charged with bringing potentially transformative resources to the attention of SCLG (Shared Content Leadership Group<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://libraries.universityofcalifornia.edu/sclg__;!!LQC6Cpwp!vcLeCuFuHuvEW9WkN0tqE2_N5Q59uytuzjCykVg6MPHrmcc1UpAdrFDhgNSvvN99caHoYnan0uc1VCgca8newgD0M3xqzkvk$>) and, at their request, evaluating resources based on an extensive review process designed to elucidate such aspects as their transformativeness, value, sustainability and current UC engagement.

By transformative, we generally mean one (or both) of two things:

  1.  Will the tool, service, or resource help to remove or reduce impediments to the flow and availability of knowledge? (for example, open resources)
  2.  Will the tool, service, or resource create a more sustainable set of economic transactions?

The principal venue through which we discover resources is through groups such as your CKG. If your CKG is discussing a resource and feels that it might have transformative qualities, we would be delighted if your group would fill out the form on our website<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScD9-dEJv5olt2_FrHiQY_a8_5yW4QvSE9kjOWmrD_6ASnVHw/viewform__;!!LQC6Cpwp!vcLeCuFuHuvEW9WkN0tqE2_N5Q59uytuzjCykVg6MPHrmcc1UpAdrFDhgNSvvN99caHoYnan0uc1VCgca8newgD0M4QGnSpc$> with such information as:

  *   the name of your group
  *   a quick explanation of the quality of the content or why this resource would be valuable to UC constituents
  *   In what way the resource is potentially transformative.

Examples of resources that have come to us in the recent past are OSF Preprints, TOME, Punctum Books and FJN (Free Journal Network). We would be delighted to receive transformative educational materials in addition to research materials.

We would also welcome the opportunity to join you in a meeting of your CKG to answer questions and discuss transformative scholarly communications trends relating to your group.

Our website contains quite a bit of information about STAR, including our charge, our process document and a link to a recording of our most recent webinar<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sp.ucop.edu/sites/cdl/cpa/UCLibraries/STAR_Webinar_20200218.mp4__;!!LQC6Cpwp!vcLeCuFuHuvEW9WkN0tqE2_N5Q59uytuzjCykVg6MPHrmcc1UpAdrFDhgNSvvN99caHoYnan0uc1VCgca8newgD0M52OQ3Zh$>: https://libraries.universityofcalifornia.edu/sclg/star<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://libraries.universityofcalifornia.edu/sclg/star__;!!LQC6Cpwp!vcLeCuFuHuvEW9WkN0tqE2_N5Q59uytuzjCykVg6MPHrmcc1UpAdrFDhgNSvvN99caHoYnan0uc1VCgca8newgD0M-Pq2uVF$>.

Thank you for your time and we hope you will let us know when your group encounters potentially transformative resources that might be of interest to SCLG.

Best,

The STAR Team

Mitchell Brown (UCI)
Nicole Carpenter (UCI)
Lisa Moske (CDL)
Jeremy Ott (UCB)
Michele Potter (UCR)
Claude Potts (UCB)

Michele Potter
STEM Collection Strategist
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside

P.O. Box 5900 | Rivera Library

Riverside, CA 92517-5900

951.827.2975

[cid:image001.png@01D7EB5B.1F0324D0]