Hi all:

Last year we hosted a joint meeting with the Research Data Services CKG
(formerly called Data Curation). The point of that gathering was to share
information between our respective groups, and discuss topics of mutual
interest.

IMO it was a useful and interesting exercise, and we've been in touch with
the RDS-CKG leads to host it again this year.

I've suggested doing it at our normally-scheduled meeting on *August 17,
2022 at 1pm*. It appears most of the RDS-CKG folks can make it then.

We'd like to get ideas on the types of topics people would like to discuss
with the Research Data Services CKG people on Aug 17. Here's a few ideas
from them:

   - Intersection of OA and Open Science
   - Continue the ORCID conversation from last session
   - Digital Publication
   - Machine learning - what are campus libraries doing and what do they
   need
   - Data citation and new data policies
   - incorporating critical theories in our workshops and services
   - Supporting curation of long-running projects, and curation over
   researcher careers

What do you want to talk about? We are thinking that we could pick 4-5
topics on which to have self-selected breakout discussion rooms in the
Zoom.

Thanks,
Tim

--
Timothy Vollmer
Scholarly Communication & Copyright Librarian