HI Rachael,

I’ve seen a number of articles float by my radar lately, although they tend to be less general and more discipline specific. Here’s a few – really haven’t reviewed the data, just sharing in case its helpful.

Wheeler, J., Pham, NM., Arlitsch, K. et al. Impact factions: assessing the citation impact of different types of open access repositories. Scientometrics 127, 4977–5003 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-022-04467-7

Findings indicate that making OA copies of manuscripts available in self-archiving or “green” repositories results in a positive citation effect, although the disciplinary repositories within the sample significantly outperform the other types of OA services analyzed. Also evident is an increase in citations when a single manuscript is available in multiple OA sources.

Publication cultures and the citation impact of open access (2021)

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/mde.3429

We show that, controlling for confounding variables pertaining to the journals and articles, gold OA increases citations across all articles. However, the individual disciplines feature starkly different effects: a 18.3% increase in Biology, compared to a decrease by 30.9% in Economics & Management. Also Green OA leads to an increase in citations to academic research. These results are confirmed by a number of robustness checks.

Allegra