HOOORRRAAAAAAAY

Thank you!

On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 3:39 PM Katie Fortney <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

CAUTION: EXTERNAL EMAIL

As it happens, my afternoon reading today is this OSTP report "Economic Landscape of Federal Public Access Policy."
Page 14 is peppered with references to UC and has a couple links to the OSC site, which feels a little weird, honestly.

But on page 17 they were obviously anticipating Rachael having this question today:
"Many studies show that articles published under an open access model would offer greater impact through better readership and generate more citations than subscription-based articles," with three footnotes -
55. Langham-Putrow, A., Bakker, C., & Riegelman, A. (2021). Is the open access citation advantage real? A systematic review of the citation of open access and subscription-based articles. PloS one, 16(6), e0253129. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0253129
56. Sotudeh, H., Estakhr, Z. (2018) Sustainability of open access citation advantage: the case of Elsevier’s author-pays hybrid open access journals. Scientometrics 115, 563–576. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-018-2663-4
57.  OACA List. SPARC Europe. (2017, March 4). Retrieved from https://sparceurope.org/what-we-do/openaccess/sparc-europe-open-access-resources/open-access-citation-advantage-service-oaca/oaca-list/;  Piwowar, H., Priem, J., Larivière, V., Alperin, J. P., Matthias, L., Norlander, B., Farley, A., West, J., & Haustein, S. (2018). The state of OA: A large-scale analysis of the prevalence and impact of open access articles. PeerJ, 6. https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.4375

Best,
Katie