From: Miranda Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, December 19, 2022 at 8:55 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>, Michael Ladisch <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Invitation to session on OAPEN/DOAB -- February 15th at 10:00 PT

Hi-

I've set up a session on DOAB/OAPEN for CDL and UC Libraries, presented by OAPEN representatives, with topics to include a brief overview of DOAB<https://www.doabooks.org/> and OAPEN<https://www.oapen.org/resources/15152035-oa-books-toolkit>, ideas for increasing discoverability and promoting use of OAPEN books, the OAPEN usage dashboard, and ideas for engaging with potential OA book authors (focused on the OAPEN Open Access Books Toolkit<https://www.oapen.org/resources/15152035-oa-books-toolkit>). All UC Libraries are already OAPEN members (through June 30, 2024), thanks to a systemwide deal made by CDL, so this with be an informational session, not a membership sales pitch.

The session will take place via Zoom on Wednesday, February 15th, 10:00-11:00 PT.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://UCOP.zoom.us/j/9342744885?from=addon

Meeting ID: 934 274 4885

Please pass this invitation on to members of the Schol Comm CKG, as well as any other CDL/UC Libraries people who might be interested. Also, please let me know if you'd like me to add you directly the Outlook invitation. Hope to see you there!

Best wishes,
Miranda

Miranda Bennett
Director of Shared Collections