https://insights.uksg.org/articles/10.1629/uksg.612

FYI, it's related to our occasional discussion on impacts of transformative
agreements on library workers on the ground. It seems that—unlike our
situation at UC—the Swedish librarians have a fairly hands-on role in
verifying authors and approving articles to be covered by their
transformative agreements. There is some overlap in tasks, particularly
around author education and helping answer questions about TAs.

The article also discusses ongoing challenges we may see here at UC (at
least a bit): "We suspect that researchers tend to choose a corresponding
author who is affiliated to a university where the APC is prepaid" (I
assume meaning an institution which provides APC coverage under a TA).

And the real (disturbing?) kicker: *"We have noticed a shift in
researchers' questions from 'which journal is the best for my article to
get published in' to 'where could I publish my article without having to
pay an APC'?"*

Tim

--
Timothy Vollmer
Scholarly Communication & Copyright Librarian