From: Jessica Nusbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Nov 3, 2023 at 11:03 AM
Subject: Open access outreach template materials

Hello all,

When we met earlier this fall to discuss strategy, our systemwide
communications team promised a set of template materials to support your
outreach this year around UC’s open access agreements. Per your requests,
we have developed the templates here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-6cIrWcQ3vjpWPaSPIG-W5wCXj0jktJG?usp=drive_link

which include:

   - *A template presentation for leadership groups*, such as your campus
   COLASC or deans (in both PPT and PDF form)
   - *A template presentation for author groups*, such as academic
   departments, institutes, research groups, or graduate student associations
   (in both PPT and annotated PDF form)
   - *A deep-dive FAQ* to support library professionals in answering more
   nuanced and detailed questions from authors
   - *Tips & email templates* to help you develop an outreach strategy for
   your campus
   - *Updated screenshots of author workflows for the largest publishers *---
   this subfolder currently contains the workflows for ACS and Wiley; we are
   waiting for Elsevier and Springer Nature to send their updated screenshots,
   and will add them to the folder once received.
   - *A copy of the strategy presentation we gave* at our meeting with you
   earlier this fall.

We hope you will find these materials helpful. They were also shared with
the campus communicators, so your communications director/coordinator has
received them directly, as well. If you have questions, or there are other
materials you would find helpful, please let me know.

Also, by way of a status update, last week Mark Clemente from CDL and I
participated in a presentation about UC’s open access agreements to
UCOLASC, and invited their partnership in reaching out to their local
COLASCs—and through them, to the colleges and schools on each campus. We
hope this may spur some interest in having campus libraries present to
their local COLASCs, and help open doors for you on your campus so we can
continue to spread the word about this benefit for authors.

Based on your feedback (via the survey distributed after our meeting), we
will also be scheduling a follow-up call in January/February to check in on
how it’s going and answer any questions that may have come up—either via
the CKG or a separate opt-in meeting, scheduled via doodle poll. Stay tuned
for details.

Thank you again for your partnership, and I hope you all have a good
weekend.

Jessica

Jessica Nusbaum

Director of Communications and Marketing

UC Davis Library

www.library.ucdavis.edu