MERRITT-L Archives

Merritt users list

MERRITT-L@LISTSERV.UCOP.EDU

From:
Perry Willett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Merritt users list <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 2016 22:42:04 +0000
Merritt will be unavailable on Saturday Jan 9, from 1pm to 6pm (PT) while we migrate our database to AWS. We will pause ingest during this time, and content will not be available for viewing or download. We will have a maintenance page in place of the regular Merritt home page. If you have automated submissions, it will be better to pause them during this time, but any submissions will be queued and processed after the maintenance period is over.

As part of this process, we will also upgrade the character set to UTF8MB4 (4-byte UTF Unicode encoding). We've run into a case already where the title of an object includes a character outside of MySql's regular UTF-8 support. This will require that we reindex several fields.

Please let us know any questions or concerns. Thanks,

Perry Willett
California Digital Library