MERRITT-L Archives

Merritt users list

MERRITT-L@LISTSERV.UCOP.EDU

From:
Perry Willett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Merritt users list <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2016 21:56:12 +0000
We're migrating the rest of the Merritt infrastructure to AWS tomorrow. Merritt will be unavailable from 10:45am until 11:15am (PT) tomorrow (Tues March 29) while this occurs. We will have a maintenance page in place. Please do not submit any ingest jobs during this period-they will likely fail.

The new servers are actually already running-we just need to do a little maintenance and then a DNS change at 11:00am to point to the new servers. You shouldn't need to do anything after the maintenance, but there might be a brief period while the DNS change is propagating through the network that some unexpected errors occur. Please contact us if you experience any problems. You can try to update the DNS cache on your Windows or Mac equipment with these instructions:
Windows: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc781949(v=ws.10).aspx
Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202516

But please contact us if you experience any problems.

This is the culmination of a long process of planning and execution, to move the Merritt infrastructure off of UCOP servers in anticipation of the closing of the UCOP data center. Our new infrastructure will be more robust, and we can better monitor its behavior. Thanks for your patience during this process, and let us know if you have any questions.

Perry

Perry Willett
California Digital Library