SCHOLARPUB-L Archives

Scholarly Communications CKG

SCHOLARPUB-L@LISTSERV.UCOP.EDU

From:
Michael Ladisch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Ladisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2023 20:40:19 +0000
Thank you, Katie, Peggy, and Marty for your comments and suggestions!

I agree that it is most unlikely that publishers would take any actions if one of their articles appears in open access as part of a dissertation, especially when they have policies like the ones Katie linked to.

Guidance for the extremely cautious authors would be: Check the publisher policies (I might even do it if it is just a couple of articles) and if there is still any doubt, contact the publisher. Most authors are happy to hear that thesis-to-article or article-to-thesis is common practice.

Best

Michael

Michael Ladisch

Scholarly Communication Officer